The Objectives of the European Weed Research Society are:
- to promote and encourage weed research and management in Europe and elsewhere,
- to assist in communication between researchers active in weed science,
- to stimulate young scientists in taking up weed science as part of their research activities and to facilitate communication among young scientists.
- to collaborate with national and international organizations involved in weed science.
- to provide easily accessible scientific information on weed-related issues that can be relevant for policy makers, NGOs, industry, farmers and extension service providers, and other interested stakeholders.
- to provide an up-to-date overview of relevant documents and websites related to weed management and policies that may have an impact on weed management.