Mission of our working group:
We want to provide an overview on the occurrence and spreading of weeds in Europe.
The Working Group wants to exchange data, tools and methods for the assessment and spatial documentation of species and biotypes on arable and non-crop land, e.g. on amenity areas.
Our major tasks are to:
- compare and combine data from weed surveys in physical maps
- document population dynamics and regional weed changes
- derive predictions for weed problems in selected areas and on selected sites
- communicate developments in defined segments and to compare them with developments outside the EU
- find common and most efficient rules and tools for the assessment and documentation of data
Research topics to be covered
- Results of and conclusions from national and private weed surveys
- Methods for the assessment and documentation of weed populations
- European and global mapping of weeds
Click on this link to go to the Weed Mapping web site: http://www.ewrs.org/weedmapping where we have an extensive references and reports sections along with more details concerning our working group.
| The second circular of the Joint Workshop of the EWRS Working Groups:
Arid and Semi-Arid Agro-Ecosystems
and Weed Mapping is now available
Some deadlines have been extended. Just click on this link to download the updated circular: EWRS_Chania_Second_Circular_2013.pdf (443 Kb)
The meeting will take place from September 29th to October 3rd, 2013 at the
The workshop's venue is at: http://confer.maich.gr/
You can register online at http://confer.maich.gr/registrations/weed_2013
Subsidies for junior scientists:
Chair: Prof. Dr. Garifalia Economou-Antonaka
Faculty of Crop Production Science
Agricultural University of Athens
Iera Odos Str.,
The Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop (2011) of the Weed Mapping working group are available online.