The organization of the Society is based on the following bodies:
- General Assembly: the official meeting of members of the Society.
- Board: the members of the Society having the responsibility delegated by the General Assembly to control the finance and administration and to implement the policy of the Society. The Board shall report on the activities and on the finances of the Society to the General Assembly.
- Executive Committee: The President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Scientific Secretary, who shall be called the Officers of the Board, elected in their function by the Membership eligible to vote. These officers form the Executive Committee and they are responsible for day-to-day management.
- Scientific Committee: a Standing Committee having the responsibility to promote, implement and co-ordinate the scientific programme of the Society accepted by the Board.
- Working Groups groups of persons, organizing scientific activities in a specific area of research.
- Ad hoc Committees: committees set up temporarily in order to undertake specific tasks.
- Standing Committees: permanent committees of the Society appointed by the Board.
- The Editorial Board of the Society‘s journal WEED RESEARCH.
- National Representatives: the representatives of the different European countries shall provide the contact between the members in their countries and the Board, to promote activities of the Society.