Member categories in the EWRS consists of:
- Ordinary Members: any individual in Europe or elsewhere interested in the objectives of the Society and having declared their membership to the Secretary or the Membership Officer.
- Student Members: any student interested in the object of the Society and having declared her/his membership to the Membership Officer. On the 1st of November every year, an application form for another membership year must be submitted, together with a statement and confirmation by her/his academic supervisor or institute, that the applicant is a BSc, MSc, or PhD student. If the form is not delivered in November the membership status will automatically change to an Ordinary Membership per 1st of January of the following year.
- Honorary Members: distinguished persons will be proposed by the Board and elected for life by majority vote of the General Assembly. Honorary Members should be persons who have made an outstanding contribution to the object of the Society and have retired from fulltime professional work. The number of Honorary Members shall not exceed 10 at any one time.
- Sustaining Members: organizations or individuals willing to provide financial support for the Society at or above a level set by the General Assembly and having declared their membership to the Secretary or the Membership Officer.
- Affiliated Member Organizations: any national or internationa1 non-commercial organization in Europe or elsewhere interested in weed research and wishing to co-operate in and be kept informed of the affairs of the Society and having declared their membership to the Secretary or the Membership Officer.
Privileges differ between the various categories of membership. Click here to find out more.